Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rudy Giuliani's 12 Commitments to America

Here's an email message from Rudy Giuliani:

I'm running for President of the United States based on what I can offer the American people. When I was the Mayor of New York, the city was in a crime crisis, a budget crisis and a financial crisis. When I left office, we had turned the city around dramatically with real results.

Many of the things I did as Mayor of New York City are transferable to what America needs now. That's why today I announced my 12 commitments to you, the American people. These commitments are intended to lift our vision from the rear view mirror to the road ahead of us - the future.


My 12 commitments to the American people are:

1. I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists' War on Us.

2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.

3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.

4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.

5. I will impose accountability on Washington.

6. I will lead America towards energy independence.

7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to, healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.

8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.

9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.

10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.

11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.

12. I will expand America's involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.

Look at those 12 points, Giuliani's commitments, his campaign promises.

They are conservative principles. Anyway, they're conservative enough for me.

I am anti-abortion.

Would Giuliani be a more attractive candidate to me if he didn't have pro-choice leanings?

Absolutely, but he's not going flip flop on abortion.

I think conservatives have to look at the big picture.

The Republican nominee has to be able to peel off Undecideds and Independents from supporting the Democrat Party.

I think Giuliani can do that.

Bottom line:

ANY OF THE REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES WOULD MAKE A BETTER PRESIDENT AND MAKE AMERICA BETTER THAN ANY OF THE DEMOCRAT CANDIDATES WOULD OR COULD.

As I've written here many times, I am anti-abortion. I'm anti-EMBRYONIC stem cell research. I staunchly defend the Culture of Life.

That said, I can support Giuliani.

HE'S NOT A LIBERAL. HE'S NOT LIKE THE DEMS.

If you can't make that distinction, then you aren't paying attention.

I think Giuliani may be the Republicans' best chance at keeping the White House.

What about Fred Thompson, you ask?

He's done a lot of interviews. He writes for ABC. He's "testing the waters." He has a
fund-raising website.

The website is heavy on garnering support and light on Thompson's position on the issues.

At this point, Thompson seems to be more about image than substance, more about filling potential campaign coffers.

Last night in an interview with Jay Leno, Thompson said that he didn't feel the need to participate in the debates and stand there like a doofus, raising his hand, etc.

Well, that's part of the process.

Why has Thompson been deemed above the rest in that regard?

Why should he be allowed to take a pass?

I want to see Thompson in a forum along with the other Republicans. I want to compare, side by side.

I want a clear list of where Thompson stands on issues, like the one provided by Giuliani.

Thompson may be seen as the conservatives' savior right now, but when (not if) he does get into the race, he's going to have to prove that he can lead.

He's going to have to prove that he can top Giuliani's accomplishments and ability to lead. Giuliani has an impressive record as an executive. Thompson doesn't.

Thompson is being billed as the second coming of Ronald Reagan.

Is that true or is that a Hollywood dream factory creation?

That's unknown.

At this point, what Giuliani has to offer is known and real.

If Thompson is all that the "Fredheads" claim him to be, I could support him. Right now, he's not a candidate. He just plays one on TV.

Giuliani has my support.

No comments:

Post a Comment