Friday, April 29, 2011

Letterman and Dr. Phil: Trump Racist

Dr. Phil was David Letterman's guest on The Late Show last night.

They talked about Donald Trump.

Letterman was clearly troubled about the way Trump has been pressuring Obama. He had no qualms about declaring Trump racist and going so far as to say he may not allow Trump to appear on his show unless he apologizes for his behavior.

Video.




Longer clip of their discussion here.

Transcript
DAVID LETTERMAN: But my point is it's all fun, it's all a circus, it's all a rodeo, until it starts to smack of racism; and then it's no longer fun.

DR. PHIL: So, you thought it was racist.

LETTERMAN: Well, yes.

DR. PHIL: Yeah. Because of the implication that he couldn't have gotten into Harvard any other way?

LETTERMAN: I have heard enough really smart people discuss this to convince me that, yes, that is very, very insulting.

DR. PHIL: Yeah, I think some people were offended by that. I mean, I do.

LETTERMAN: So, like I said, it's all fun until you cross that line. So the question is - you know Donald Trump - in fact, do you consider him to be a racist?

DR. PHIL: I do not.

LETTERMAN: Well how can you say things like that if you're not a racist?

DR. PHIL: Well, I don't, I mean, I don't think he always thinks everything through.

LETTERMAN: Oh. (Laughs) Oh. I see.

DR. PHIL: I'm not sure, I'm not sure he sat down and said, 'Let's see how this could be spun.'

LETTERMAN: Yeah, yeah.

DR. PHIL: I think sometimes he's a little from the hip. But I don't think he has a racist bone in his body.

LETTERMAN: Well, it certainly, uh, it's certainly unpleasant to watch. And I would think that if he comes back on this show, and I'm not sure that we want him back on the show under those circumstances, he ought to be prepared...

(Smattering of applause from audience)

...to apologize. He ought to be prepared to apologize just for that kind of behavior.

DR. PHIL: Well you've been pretty hard on him.

LETTERMAN: Well, that's the fun of a guy like Donald Trump. You can be as hard on him as you want, and, you know, he doesn't... It's hard to land a punch with that hair.

The "really smart people" Letterman listens to are clearly Leftists and Democrat hacks, since they're the ones always relying on the race card whenever Obama is challenged by anyone.

Letterman should ask Trump if his request for Obama to release his school transcripts is racially motivated or based in racism, instead of automatically slandering him and assuming the worst.

It's possible that Letterman, ratings loser to Jay Leno, wants to be part of Trump's "fun" and "circus" and "rodeo." By joining the fray and feuding with Trump, Letterman hopes to boost his sagging ratings. Letterman seems to be baiting Trump.

It's also possible Letterman is serious, another Left-wing hack accusing an Obama critic of being racist.

I think it's both of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment