Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ridiculous Arnold Schwarzenegger

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was Jay Leno's guest on The Tonight Show Wednesday night.

It was boring, but this caught my attention.

SCHWARZENEGGER said,
"Linking me to George Bush is like linking me to an Oscar. That's ridiculous."


Read Reuters' take
here.

The Reuters story of Schwarzenegger's appearance spends a good deal of time referring to his opponent Phil Angelides. Angelides is demanding equal time.

Whatever. I don't care.

I think what's noteworthy is that the governor of California gets on national TV and dramatically and crassly distances himself from President Bush.

Was Schwarzenegger acting? Was he joking?

Did he mean that?


Did he intend to diss Bush, or was he saying that Bush is in a league far superior to his own? Was he trying to compliment the President?

I don't know.

Reuters is reporting on the comment as if it were meant to insult Bush.

That's entirely possible, but I'm not sure.

I am certain that Schwarzenegger never came close to giving an Academy Award caliber performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment