Monday, July 25, 2011

Obama and La Raza: Bypass Congress

Obama, the imperial president, told the National Council of La Raza that he finds it tempting to bypass Congress and change laws on his own.

His audience encourages King Obama, chanting "yes we can, yes we can!"

Alas, Obama acknowledges that's not how government works.

Video.




Transcript, from the White House.
THE PRESIDENT: Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own. (Applause.) And believe me, right now dealing with Congress --

AUDIENCE: Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can!

THE PRESIDENT: Believe me -- believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. (Laughter.) I promise you. Not just on immigration reform. (Laughter.) But that's not how -- that's not how our system works.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Change it!

THE PRESIDENT: That’s not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written.

Thank God.

Of course, Obama does everything he can to skirt the Constitution and its checks and balances.

Obama is a petulant president.

__________________

UPDATE:

Peter Wehner and I think alike.

Obama is petulant. It's not a word I often use, but it perfectly fits Obama.


Read "Our Petulant and Inept President," by Peter Wehner.

No comments:

Post a Comment