Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Obama's Wright Press Conference

Barack Obama is mad that his hate-filled spiritual mentor Jeremiah Wright is still an issue.

He's offended that his previous denouncements of Wright didn't take. He's horrified that they might have been seen as political posturing.

"I did not vet my pastor before I decided to run for the presidency."


How about vetting his pastor to be his pastor?

Obama knows that Wright is a real problem for him. Obama not only disowns SOME of Wright's statements now. He has officially disowned Wright.

Talk about floundering!

"After seeing Rev. Wright's performance, I felt there was a complete disregard for what the American people are going through."

"There was a sense that that did not matter to Rev. Wright."

I guess Obama is a little slow.

Obama said he wanted to use this press conference to make absolutely clear that his relationship with Wright has changed.

"I want to make absolutely clear that I do not subscribe to the views that he expressed."

"What Rev. Wright said yesterday directly contradicts EVERYTHING... that I've been saying."

"There wasn't anything constructive out of yesterday. All it was was a bunch of rants that aren't grounded in truth."

"I can't construct something positive out of that."

Obama said Wright's comments have insulted him and what he's been trying to do in his campaign.

When asked why he stayed at a church based in liberation theology, Obama side-stepped the question.

"In terms of liberation theology, I'm not a theologian."

Obama repeatedly said none of this is about political posturing.

BS.

It's all about political posturing.

Supposedly, his speech in Philadelphia (the one some loons considered to be Lincoln-esque and as great or better than Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech) was intended to provide context for Wright's remarks but not excuse them.

Obama said he used that speech to try to get Americans to understand Wright and black churches.

He said that Americans were troubled by the way Wright shouted in his sermons.

Yeah, right.

I think Americans were troubled by WHAT Wright said, not his fiery preaching style. If he had been shouting about love and Jesus and how great America is I don't think anyone would have been disturbed.

More quotes:

"Yesterday, I think he caricatured himself. That made me angry but it also made me sad."

"I do not see that relationship being the same after this."

"He was never my spiritual mentor. He was my pastor."

Obama said the press was inaccurate about calling Wright his spiritual mentor. (I believe Obama was inaccurate about that in the books Obama wrote.)

So, it's done.

Obama has had an epiphany. Wright really is a divisive, bad guy.

Wright is out.

On March 18, 2008, Obama said:

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

These people are a part of me. And they are a part of America, this country that I love.

Some will see this as an attempt to justify or excuse comments that are simply inexcusable. I can assure you it is not. I suppose the politically safe thing would be to move on from this episode and just hope that it fades into the woodwork. We can dismiss Reverend Wright as a crank or a demagogue, just as some have dismissed Geraldine Ferraro, in the aftermath of her recent statements, as harboring some deep-seated racial bias.

But race is an issue that I believe this nation cannot afford to ignore right now. We would be making the same mistake that Reverend Wright made in his offending sermons about America – to simplify and stereotype and amplify the negative to the point that it distorts reality.

The fact is that the comments that have been made and the issues that have surfaced over the last few weeks reflect the complexities of race in this country that we’ve never really worked through – a part of our union that we have yet to perfect. And if we walk away now, if we simply retreat into our respective corners, we will never be able to come together and solve challenges like health care, or education, or the need to find good jobs for every American.

Today, he said: Never mind.

How embarrassing!

Apparently, Obama is one of the dumbest men on the planet.

He didn't realize the truth about Wright. Again, BS.

And apparently, Obama thinks Americans are the dumbest people on the planet. It's as if he thinks we're incapable of understanding what he's doing, the politically expedient.

I think Obama planned to use Wright's high profile appearances as an opportunity to disown him.

This was no accident.

________________

Transcript of Obama's Press Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment