Sunday, June 19, 2005

Abbreviated Views of the Sunday Morning Shows

I slept in, which was much more beneficial to me personally than watching the weekly round of Sunday morning inanity.

What I did catch:

John McCain was on Meet the Press. I expect a transcript shortly; but for now, my only comment can be on what I heard. Russert was ending the interview and as usual he brought up running for president. I was still groggy at the time, but I think Russert was asking about a third party ticket.

McCain dimissed any suggestion that he would make such a move, proclaiming himself a lifelong Republican.

A quick switch to FOX Sunday Morning revealed their roundtable discussion with Brit Hume and Maura Liasson duking it out over Terri Schiavo. The libs are pushing the autopsy results as proof that politicians that fought for Terri stepped over the line.

On ABC's This Week, I caught the very end of Chris Dodd's appearance. The only thing worse to waking up to Chris Dodd is waking up to Joe Biden. Anyway, I saw very little. I did see Stephanopoulos show the clip of Durbin's Senate floor debacle. Dodd said Durbin apologized and the whole matter was distracting from how miserably things are going in Iraq, that's the real issue. He also insisted that Durbin had apologized. As we know, Durbin didn't really apologize since he never admitted to connecting U.S. personnel with some of history's most brutal regimes.

It being Father's Day, Dodd said he wanted to offer his "sympathy" to anyone with a loved one serving in Iraq. SYMPATHY? How about offering his thanks to the family members missing them and prayers for their loved ones' safety? I think offering condolences was highly inappropriate, not to mention creepy.

I'm glad that's all I actually saw this morning. I hate starting the day off with a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment