Monday, June 20, 2005

President Joe Biden

As usual, Joe Biden showed up on Sunday morning TV yesterday. This week it was Face the Nation. My guess is the guy appears on at least one of the Sunday morning news programs more than ninety percent of the time.

He can't seem to stay away. He's attracted to TV cameras like a magnet. He loves to hear himself talk and he probably enjoys the whole routine--wearing makeup, lights, camera, action, etc.

Biden, in addition to being incredibly vain, seemed like he was running for something. He is---President of the United States. It's only June of 2005, but he has his sights on 2008.

On page 8 of this PDF
transcript of yesterday's Face the Nation, Biden makes known his intentions.


SCHIEFFER: Senator, let me ask you this. A lot of people are saying that--well, you yourself have said you're thinking about running for president. Since Howard Dean has sort of--so many Democrats seem to be disassociating themselves with remarks that he makes as party chairman, saying, `Well, he doesn't speak to me.' It seems to me more people are turning to you for comment and for the Democratic side of things. Are you--how far along are you on this idea of running for president? Is that a real possibility, or...

Sen. BIDEN: It's a real possibility. My intention, as I sit here now, is as--I've proceeded since last November, as if I were going to run. I'm quite frankly going out, seeing whether I can gather the kind of support--I've been doing this so long, Bob, I'm not about to compromise on the main points that I believe are needed to be addressed. My message--as my Grandpop used to say, `I may not be the horse that can carry the sleigh,' so I'm taking my game on the road, letting people know what I think, and...

SCHIEFFER: When do you think you'll know?

Sen. BIDEN: Well, I have to make a decision--arbitrarily, I said, by the end of this year. I mean, I've either got to get in this or get out of this. My intention--I'm acting now in terms of finding that out as if I'm running. My intention now is to seek the nomination. But it may very well be that by the end of the year I find out I can't raise the money, I can't get the support, in which case, then, the best thing for me to do is find someone to support. But that's my intention now. And we'll see.

SCHIEFFER: You said your intention at this point is to seek the nomination.

Sen. BIDEN: My intention is to seek the nomination. I mean, I know I'm supposed to be more coy with you. I know I'm supposed to tell you, you know, that I'm not sure. But if, in fact, I think, that I have a clear shot at winning the nomination by this November, December, then I'm going to seek the nomination. If I conclude that I'm not likely to be able to win the nomination, then I'm going to figure out who to support.

SCHIEFFER: Well, I'll say one thing, I think you made some news today, Senator. Thank you for joining us.

Sen. BIDEN: Thank you very much.

Do you think Hillary is shaking in her boots, or should I say pantsuit?

I don't. I think she's probably laughing in that wicked witch creepy crackle way of hers.

Between the plagiarism and the hair plugs, Biden doesn't stand a chance. He has to know that. I'm sure he announced his intentions just so the media continue to give him attention and invite him on their TV shows. I really think he likes the makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment