Monday, December 18, 2006

The Cover of TIME

I've already stated my opinion of TIME's Person of the Year choice.

Idiotic!

It gets worse.

I expected the magazine's cover to look like this:



It doesn't.

I thought the monitor screen would be silver with "You" in black letters, as depicted in the photos.

The actual issue has "You." in the left corner above the words, "Yes, you. You control the Information Age. Welcome to your world."

The monitor screen is covered with a very cheap reflector panel.

It offers a funhouse mirror distortion of your face or whatever else YOU want to reflect.

It would be the height of narcissism if the reflection wasn't so poor.

The image reflected is deformed and dented.

Is that an editorial statement from TIME?

Is is possible that TIME doesn't like YOU?

To quote Lucy from A Charlie Brown Christmas:

"I know when I've been insulted. I know when I've been insulted!"


No comments:

Post a Comment