Friday, October 12, 2007

Nick, the Pizza Guy

This is my favorite story of the week.

From TMJ4:

A south side Milwaukee pizza delivery driver turned the tables on two would-be robbers Tuesday night and came out on top.

Nick, who asked that we not use his last name, was beginning his shift at the Pizza Hut on West Loomis Road. One of his first deliveries was to a residence in the Southlawn housing project.

As he approached the front door, he heard running feet behind him.

“I turned around just in time to see two men, one with a gun right in my face,” Nick said. “The gun was right there. I grabbed it and twisted. It was a struggle for my life. Eventually, I wound up with the gun and ended up pistol-whipping the other guy.”

The robbers had plenty of fight in them too. They kicked, punched and even bit Nick before they gave up and ran off.

Suffering from bites, cuts and scrapes, Nick went to the emergency room at nearby Saint Francis Hospital for treatment.

“I gave up my wheelchair because another lady came in who was pregnant and there were no wheelchairs,” Nick said. “As I got up, I see the suspect. So, I told the officer and he went and arrested him right there.”

That suspect has been identified as 19-year-old Jeffrey Mateo of Milwaukee. No word whether Milwaukee police have made any other arrests.

Way to go, Nick!

I think Nick has what it takes to get crime in Milwaukee under control.

Nick for mayor!

No comments:

Post a Comment