Monday, July 18, 2005

Cooper Helps Exonerate Rove

In this week's Time, Matt Cooper does his best to lend a dramatic flair to his account of his grand jury apppearance.

What the "Get Rove" crowd will probably dismiss is the substance of what Cooper writes.

Some important excerpts:

1) "As for Wilson's wife, I told the grand jury I was certain that Rove never used her name and that, indeed, I did not learn her name until the following week, when I either saw it in Robert Novak's column or Googled her, I can't recall which."

2) "Rove never once indicated to me that she had any kind of covert status."

3) "So did Rove leak Plame's name to me, or tell me she was covert? No."


Why is it that the Dems and the MSM refuse to acknowledge what Cooper is saying?

They don't care about facts. They care about propping up the facade that Karl Rove is a criminal who endangered our national security.

It makes them look incredibly bitter and intellectually impotent.

I'll borrow John Podesta's phrasing from his appearance on yesterday's Meet the Press, and give it a twist:

If these liberal attack dogs had an ounce of character, they'd do the right thing and resign themselves to the fact that Rove is not guilty.


In the final analysis, the Dems' smear campaign may end up biting them at the ballot box.

No comments:

Post a Comment