Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hillary: "He Loves Me"

Why has Bill Clinton gone wild and red-faced lately while campaigning for Hillary?

Love.


Love and lack of sleep.
Appearing on CBS News' Face The Nation, Democratic president candidate Sen. Hillary Clinton sought to dispel criticism of her husband for making comments on the campaign trail that some have called inflammatory.

..."My husband has such a great commitment to me and to my campaign. You know, he loves me," she said. "Husbands and wives get out there and work on each others' behalf. I certainly did that for him for many years. And I'm very grateful for all of the help he's given both supporting me, along with our daughter, and making the case for my candidacy.”

Face The Nation Transcript: 1.27.08
Sen. CLINTON: Well, I think it's human nature, Bob. I think that, you know, the spouses of all three of us have, you know, been passionate and vigorous defenders of each of us and, you know, maybe got a little carried away. But you know, that comes with a hard-fought election. It also comes with sleep deprivation, which, you know, I think is marking all of us, our families, our supporters. But, you know, I am very, very proud of my husband's record as a leader in our country going back so many years, and what he's done. And people know his heart. They know, you know, what he has stood for. So I'm really glad that he's there with me.

And I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath. We need to be focusing on what's important in the lives of Americans. That's what I have spent my life trying to do, that's what my campaign is about. That's what I'll be doing for the next 10 days as we travel across the country.

This approach could work for Hillary. It's worked for Bill Clinton before -- the "I'm only human" excuse.

Bill is human. He gets excited and upset, so he reacts out of love for Hillary. And he's so tired, poor thing.

Hillary believes, Bill "has such a great commitment to me."

Obviously, someone so committed could get a little too passionate while defending his wife.

In the past, voters have excused Bill for his transgressions. Can he be forgiven again?


Maybe. Tears could help.


Hillary got teary-eyed and she won New Hampshire.

Now if Bill gets teary-eyed talking about his beloved wife and does his "I have sinned" routine, it may be enough to undo the damage he's done.

Never underestimate the power of tears.

________________

Watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment