Sunday, May 6, 2007

Myra Sanchick's Interview with McGee



Milwaukee's FOX affiliate aired an EXCLUSIVE interview with Michael McGee, Sr. on May 4.

Reporter Myra Sanchick did the interview. When she introduced the segment, she said, "Some people might find this offensive."

MIGHT?

You can watch it
here.

Any decent person should find McGee's words offensive.

McGee has no regrets regarding his disgusting comments about talk show host Charlie Sykes and the death of his mother, comments that have for the moment cost him his radio show on WNOV-AM.

In fact, rather than backing off, McGee continues the war of words.

Sitting on the porch of his home, McGee talked about his controversial remarks.

He said:

"I would do the same thing for the devil. If the devil's mama died, if Hitler's mama died, I would say the same thing."

"Get Mark Belling to help him, I'll whoop both of their ass. That's the way I feel about it. Like I have no love lost for them because of the way that they slandered my son over that affair that he had...."

"When they try to destroy my family, I'll try to destroy theirs. That's the way I feel about it."

Sanchick said, "He told me there's only one thing he was sorry about."

McGee declared:

"His stringy-haired ho son wasn't layin' there with her. (LAUGHING) Exactly."

"I have no love for Charlie Sykes. In fact, uh, you can tell him that if he don't like it I'll meet him anywhere and whoop his ass."

Because McGee is a public figure, a radio personality, a former Milwaukee alderman, and the father of a current alderman, I can understand why FOX 6 would go after the interview.

What I don't understand is how Sanchick could be so clueless about the content of her report.

After airing the EXCLUSIVE interview, Sanchick talked to anchor Brad Hicks.

HICKS: Myra, You know I’m speechless watching this. I mean this is just terrible things that he is saying. This is a human being who died a painful death in a fire and he seems to find some joy in that.

SANCHICK: Well, not necessarily joy. However, these are two long-time rivals. He took...

HICKS: I heard him laughing.

SANCHICK: Well he took things personally that Sykes...

HICKS: I heard him laughing in that interview.

SANCHICK: I don't recall that. But, um, yeah, I don't recall that. And I was there, but I didn't remember the laughing. However, he took things that Charlie Sykes said offensively and he retaliated.

McGee was clearly laughing.

I don't know how Sanchick missed it.

I also don't get why she went out of her way to make McGee seem reasonable.

I have never heard Sykes say anything remotely like the sort of trash spewed by McGee.

This "long-time rivals" stuff suggests that the two radio hosts conduct themselves in a similar manner. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The McGee interview speaks for itself; but Sanchick has to have some regrets of her own for how she presented it.

____________________________

McGee gave another interview to FOX 6. Justin Williams had the dubious honor of giving McGee more air time.



Watch it here.

McGee is loving this.

He takes great pleasure in harassing Sykes. I would say he finds JOY in it.

Excerpts:

"I could see if I had really went over the line would have been if I had gotten my Uzi and went to the funeral and shot up some people at the funeral, that might have been over the line. But using words against words wasn't over the line."

"I've said enough. As long as I got Charlie Sykes the way I got him then every time he thinks about his dead mother when he 50, my mind..., my name will come in his mind. And McGee ruined it."

I hope McGee sticks to his statement, "I've said enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment