Saturday, December 15, 2007

ICE DAMNS

I've done pretty well coping with the weather so far, but I've reached the breaking point.

I can't take it anymore. Although it's only mid-December, we've packed a lot of winter mess into the season.

The snow won't stop. It's light and fluffy and fresh and sparkly. So what?

No, it's not pretty. It's not.

The Christmas lights on our evergreens don't show anymore, completely buried. All those little white bulbs are under there somewhere.

That's the least of our problems.

We're at war with damn ice dams.

If dropping F-bombs destroyed them, our roof would be clear and our gutters would be free of ice.

If I had the money, I'd hire Al Gore to rake the roof and remove the ice dams with all his global warming hot air.


And when it comes to travel, it sucks! The side streets absolutely suck!

The weather forecasts for this weekend were WRONG. So what else is new?

Last week, we were told things would quiet down and we'd be spared any major storms. That, of course, was WRONG.

I'm so tired of this. All I want for Christmas is a thaw.

(Isn't venting supposed to make you feel better? It didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment