Monday, March 12, 2007

Bill Maher, Ann Coulter, and Gay Slurs

Why is it that Bill Maher can get away with saying the most disgusting and degrading things, but Ann Coulter is crucified by the libs for saying "faggot"?

Clearly, there's a double standard.

On last Friday's edition Real Time, Maher really stepped over the line.

Transcript from
NewsBusters:

The Republican Party, besides Rudy Giuliani, Bush likes to dress up. He likes to be a cowboy, or Iceman from “Top Gun.” And they have something very gay, excuse me, going on with Ronald Reagan. I mean, they love Ronald Reagan in a way that’s just gay. I’m sorry. But, I think they want to put him on a stamp so that they can lick his backside. Well, seriously, I mean – am I right?

That's unbelievable!

It's not unbelievable that Maher would say something so offensive.

It's unbelievable that he can get away with saying something so graphic and derogatory and the Left has no problem with it.

Why is Coulter's joke out of line, but Maher's joke is cheered?

Would the Left put his remarks in the mean-spirited gay slur category, or would they put them in the hilarious gay humor category?

Maher says such outrageous things; yet I don't hear an outcry for him to apologize.

I think it would be ridiculous to hold fellow Bush-bashers like Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and John Edwards accountable for what Maher says. They aren't responsible for Maher's hate-filled rants and they shouldn't be expected to apologize for his truly obnoxious comments.


Maher speaks for himself and so does Coulter, but Coulter is condemned.

There's a double standard. No question about it.

What's amazing to me is I once thought that Maher was really funny.

Has he changed or have I?

I think it's probably a little of both.



No comments:

Post a Comment