Saturday, March 10, 2007

Mary's List

You've heard of Angie's List, right?

It's a list of "home service contractors reviewed and rated by real homeowners like you."


I think it's a great idea, providing a network and a valuable source of information for consumers.


The 620 WTMJ website has assembled a list of its own.

I was stunned to find a business on the list.

STUNNED!




When you click on the image, you'll see this menu.



One of the companies that's highlighted happens to be one that we had the grave misfortune to hire to do work on our home.

IT WAS A DISASTER.

DISASTER!

By "disaster" I mean the sort of company that you don't walk away from; you run!


I'm surprised that the radio station would actually give its stamp of approval to specific home improvement companies. It seems to me like that's asking for trouble.

I'm not mentioning the company's name because we did receive a full refund, though that didn't begin to cover the costs and stress of repairing damage directly related to that company's work. Apparently, a refund must qualify the company to claim it provides 100% customer satisfaction.


I wouldn't wish our experience with this company on anyone. Well, maybe Osama bin Laden.

Consumer beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment