Monday, March 12, 2007

Media Whore Chuck Hagel


Senator Chuck Hagel (R-NE) during a news conference in Omaha, March 12, 2007. (Dave Kaup/Reuters)


On Wednesday March 7, Chuck Hagel made a major announcement.

He announced that today he would be making a major announcement.

Are you ready?

Hagel announced!

He announced that he's putting off a decision on running for the presidency.

What a joke! Hagel looks like a fool -- a modern day P.T. Barnum, or a Don King, a Vince McMahon, a Donald Trump.

Hagel is the Republican version of Democrat Russ Feingold.

"I look like I'm running for president. I act like I'm running for president. I sound like I'm running for president. Don't assume I'm running for president. My constituents need me."


OMAHA, Neb. -- Sen. Chuck Hagel, one of the more forceful Republican voices in opposition to the Iraq war, on Monday put off a decision about a possible presidential bid, saying he wanted to focus on the conflict and other pressing national issues.

In an odd twist, the Nebraska senator called a news conference to say he would decide about his political future later this year, saying a late entry into the 2008 race is still possible.

"I want to keep my focus on helping find a responsible way out of this tragedy," Hagel said of the Iraq war.

...Citing the war, Social Security, trade and climate change among other issues, Hagel said, "I believe it is in the interest of my Nebraska constituents and this country that I continue to work full time on these challenges."

Hagel is a media whore.

He needs to realize that playing this sort of game results in a dramatic loss in credibility.

Hagel's little dance was no different than TV teases.

"You'll find out -- right after this commercial."

"Something in your home could be killing you. Tune in at 11:00."

Did Hagel ever intend to announce his intentions to run?

Only in his dreams.

I guess reality set in for Hagel; and dreams die hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment